Wednesday 5 August 2009

Geneviève Gauckler

I first noticed the work of Geneviève Gauckler in Magma (yes that shop again!) and of course there were the adverts for the cosmetic brand, Bourjois, where you couldn't get away from her lovable characters!


For some reason I missed her when I did my French illustrators week (see postings from 6th July), but there are so many talented French artists that I couldn't have showcased everyone! I think her style is extremely likeable with her simple, colourful, somewhat innocent and playful pieces and translates well commercially as she has proven with her vinyls, mirrors, t-shirts and endless other merchandise. She is much in favour of the fantastical world and placing it into reality. Although I really like her work, I have to say that I'm not as keen with some of her photo montage pieces (I've shown the one I like the most), but she definitely does draw the child within from me.

TinyPic


TinyPic

TinyPic


TinyPic

TinyPic



TinyPic


TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment