Saturday 5 December 2009

Buttons galore

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I've spent the last couple of days searching New York for classic 4-holed red buttons. I'd been to many button and trimming shops in the Garment District, but the buttons weren't quite right. After searching online nymag.com (one of my favourite websites) came up with a goodie - a boutique button shop in the Upper East Side called Tender Buttons.


The shop is beautiful, and they had their Christmas decorations up too which made it feel extra special. On the right hand side of the shop there are floor to ceiling boxes of buttons, every kind that you could imagine. All the boxes are in lovely hand written brown paper carton boxes detailing the buttons, their prices and sometimes their age. On the opposite wall are thin display cabinets of rare and unusual buttons. Suffice to say, I found exactly what I was looking for! If you are ever in the neighbourhood or in need of a particular button, then I would highly recommend popping in.

TinyPic

TinyPic

TinyPic


TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My camera was playing up, so the last two images are taken from the nymag.com listing and from their actual website.

No comments:

Post a Comment