Saturday 30 May 2009

Datz awesome!

To me, Jim Datz, is the American Adrian Johnson (I will posting about him soon!). That is no bad thing at all. They are both extremely talented and share a similar style - modern techniques with a retro bent. I personally can't get enough of that style. You may have seen his work in Urban Outfitters back in 2006 as Datz art directed the stores, giving them their look and feel.




I found Jim Datz’ prints on my favourite online shop - Three Potato Four. I can't really justify buying anything on there, being that I live on the other side of the pond, but I caved in when I saw his seven color screenprints: Manhattan and Brooklyn. I was too slow to get the first edition run of the Manhattan prints but he has just released the Brooklyn prints, so to get your hands on them go to Three Potato Four.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment