Tuesday 12 May 2009

Roll up, roll up...Rob Ryan is in town!

So as promised, my post today is more craft related...Whilst in the NY Meat Packing district I stumbled upon a gorgeous custom jean shop, Earnest Sewn Co. And to my joy in their window display they had a big sign for the Ryan Town USA exhibit. The display was obviously done by the fair hands of Rob Ryan himself. His work is so beautiful and it was impressive to see it in the flesh, but I did feel a pang of jealousy to see his work and know I couldn't do it. The exhibition was at the back of the store, and bits of his paper cut and wooden letter negatives were strewn on the floor and nearly every inch of the room was covered in paper cuts, screen prints, tiles and other lovely things. Here are a few pictures, but if you find yourself in that area I would definitely recommend taking a peek. It’s on until 31 May.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment