Monday 18 May 2009

Sweet Talker

I discovered Camila Prada in 2007 when Design Week did a feature on emerging young artists, and it was love at first sight! I studied ceramics at secondary school and was close to doing a degree at Staffordshire Uni, but bailed at the last minute to study illustration instead. I would have loved to have created something so playful and quirky like her Pepe and Friends characters.


Photobucket
Pepe and Friends are a tableware family of 16 characters, ranging from salt and pepper shakers to butter dishes and oil decanters. She has also produced little figurines, called Flatfaces. Her collections are designed by Vinila for the prestigious German ceramic manufacturer Rosenthall. They are available to buy from Heal’s and other stores across the country, I couldn’t resist buying myself this cute ‘Sweet Talker’ sugar shaker. I couldn’t think of a better ‘friend’ to help me with my tea making!


No comments:

Post a Comment