Wednesday 8 July 2009

Cécile Hudrisier

Continuing with my French illustrators week, my choice today is another illustrator of children's books: Cécile Hudrisier. Cécile differs from my other choices because of her illustrative collage style.


Her beautiful books include, Le Petit Poule Rousse and La Grosse Faim de P'tit Bonhomme. She is currently working on a new story for the French children's magazine Pomme d'Api. The story is entitled La Cuillere de Mamie which is about a grandma who has lost her silver spoon.


I really like her work because she has such control over her paper and cardboard collages and they work really beautifully in the picture book format, whilst also giving them a lovely 3D look.

TinyPic

TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TinyPic

TinyPic


TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. Thanx!!
    I have just discovered your article, and it's very flattering!!

    ReplyDelete