Monday 6 July 2009

Frédérique Bertrand

This week I've decided to have a theme - that being French illustrators. The illustrators you'll see are ones I recognise, mainly becuase they have illustrated children's books amongst other things, but I don't think that devalues their worth. After all children are the hardest of audiences to capture the attentions of. Unfortunately I've already published the lovely work of Rebecca Dautremer and Delphine Doreau but as I've discovered, I have quite a thing for the French illustrative style and have many more up my sleeve. There is something about the textures, deep colours, long noses (what is that about?!) and distorted proportions that I just can't get enough of it! Their drawings are not perfect in any way, in fact quite the opposite as they are very child like.


So my first posting this week is Frédérique Bertrand, illustrator of the children's book Les Petits Heritages as well as many others. He also illustrates for newspapers, magazines etc. Just lovely...

TinyPic

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment