Thursday 18 June 2009

Good as Gauld

Another talented illustration duo are Tom Gauld & Simone Lia - they again met at Uni and started self-publishing their own comics under Cabanon press.


Their first comic book together was aptly named First and they then followed it with Second. Later on they published both editions in one book entitled Both. They do their own stuff too and I've picked up a few of their editioned comic books in my favourite London bookshop - Magma. Tom is one of my favourite all time illustrators. I just love his sharp-witted and simple line drawings. If I could draw like him, I wouldn't stop! My favourite is The Hairy Monster a guide - 7 plates drawn by Tom Gauld in edition of 500 copies (2006).


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment